Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for the 13th edition of the International Congress on Engineering and Food – ICEF13.
The Congress will highlight opportunities for engineering innovations across the food supply chains to add value and enable the sustainable manufacture of healthier food products for the global markets.
|Call for Abstracts Opens||31 July 2018|
|Call for Abstracts Closes||15 January 2019|
|Registration Opens||24 January 2019|
|Notification to Authors||15 April 2019|
|Early Bird Registration Closes||17 June 2019|
|ICEF13||23-26 September 2019|
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. The available presentation types are:
- Oral Presentation
An oral presentation is typically a 15 minute oral presentation. The presentation will include time for questions.
- Poster Presentation
A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. Your poster must not extend beyond the boundaries of your display board – one display board will be allocated per poster. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. Authors from selected posters will be given an opportunity to present their posters in 3 – 5 minutes. More information regarding the logistics of the poster presentations will be advised upon
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR ABSTRACTS
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to select abstracts submitted for review by each Congress Theme based on quality criteria including, but not limited to:
- Scientific merit (scientific methodology and clarity)
- Relevance to food industry
- Relevance to the food engineering community
- Innovation / Originality of research (the research should NOT have been published or presented in another conference)
- Multidisciplinary focus
- Relevance to Congress Theme
Any abstract submitted not meeting the quality criteria will not be selected.
- Food Engineering Across the Supply Chain
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Food Security
- Advances in Food Process Engineering
- Novel Food Processing Technologies
- Food Process Systems Engineering and Modelling
- Engineering Properties of Food and Packaging
- Food Engineering for Nutrition and Health
- Food Engineering Education
- Innovations of Food Engineering in Australasia
- Other/Special Sessions
Please click on the abstract template button below to download and save the template.
STEP 1: Populating the abstract template
Download the relevant template, save it to your desktop and populate your abstract in to the template in the required format.
Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract text should be no more than 250 words, including references
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include a brief introduction and justification of the research, materials and methods, results and discussion, and conclusions and industry relevance as appropriate
After completing the template, move onto step 2.
STEP 2: Creating an account and logging into the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. Once you have created an account within this portal, you can proceed with your abstract submission, and you will later be able to use this log-in to view speaker briefing notes and register your attendance at the Congress.
STEP 3: Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on “Abstract Submission” in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The title of your abstract
- Presentation type (oral or poster; preference only)
- Theme: From the drop down menu, please select the appropriate theme to which your abstract is aligned. You can also select Other / Special session if your abstract is aligned to one of the topics shown under Other / Special sessions
- Name and organisation of all co-authors
- A brief biography of the presenting author (max 200 words)
- Your completed abstract
Once you have entered in this information you will then be able to submit your abstract.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- You will be able to access the speaker portal account to edit draft submissions and submit additional abstracts. To change successfully submitted abstracts please contact the Congress Office.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields.
- A maximum of 2 abstracts can be submitted by each presenting author
Please complete each step within the portal and then select the Submit button to successfully submit your abstract. Please note this button will show only when all fields have been completed. You can also choose to Save as Draft at any time. You can view all your drafts and successfully submitted abstracts in the Your Abstracts tab.
Should you wish to delete or edit an abstract that has been successfully submitted you will need to contact Fiona Geoghegan, Program Coordinator via email at email@example.com or phone on +61 3 9907 8631.
Once your abstract is submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your abstract has not been submitted. The abstract will be found under the Your Abstracts tab and you will need to complete the missing information and submit it.
If you have any queries, please contact Fiona Geoghegan, Program Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on +61 3 9907 8631.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check whether your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact Fiona Geoghegan, Program Coordinator via email at email@example.com or phone on +61 3 9907 8631.
AUTHOR NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to the presenting author on Monday 15 April 2019.
Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the presenting author of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-authors as applicable.
Acceptance of this offer must be notified to Fiona Geoghegan, Program Coordinator no later than Monday 17 June 2019.
ABSTRACT PRESENTER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register for the Congress before Monday 17 June 2019 in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Congress Program Coordinator:
ICEF13 Congress Office
119 Buckhurst Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205 Australia
D +61 3 9907 8641
T +61 3 9645 6311
F +61 3 9645 6322